Most people have a general idea of what a podcast is, but many don't realize just how important podcasting has become for businesses.
First, what is podcasting? According to the Wikipedia definition, “A podcast is an episodic series of spoken word digital audio files that a user can download to a personal device for easy listening.”
Podcasting is more than that basic definition, it has now become one of the best marketing tools a business can have. Whether using video or strictly audio for podcasting, if done right, you will see your business grow.
The benefits of podcasting
1. Builds personal connections. With podcasting you get to show your personality and your businesses values. People will tune in every week because they feel like they are listening to a friend.
2. It’s convenient. Listeners can download episodes and replay them whenever they choose. While exercising, driving, working, or relaxing - whatever listeners are doing, they can enjoy your podcast without great effort.
3. It’s easy to get started. Creating a podcast is easier than ever. All you need is a smart phone and an app. Here is our personal favorite. https://anchor.fm/
4. Build more brand authority and awareness. What I like most about podcasting is that listeners are searching specifically for what your brand is selling. So use your podcast to educate the masses about your particular niche. This will solidify your authority and lead to conversions.
5. Improve conversion. Speaking of conversions, podcasting helps you build relationships with listeners and it gives them the feeling they know the podcaster. It builds trust and listeners then want to be associated with you. Podcasting can turn your customers into your brand's ambassadors.
6. Remember, it’s an interactive platform. Listeners want to interact with you. They chose your podcast because they liked who you were. Don't be afraid to interact with them as you educate them. Some simple ways to do this are: competitions, asking for questions through social media ,or asking the listeners to send in stories so can read them on air.
7. You can repurpose them. After you have created a new episode for your podcast, you can take snippets of your podcast and use them for your website and social media platforms. You can share teasers on your LinkedIn page or split the clips by subject and publish them on other platforms. You can also take subjects that you've talked about and create blog posts with a link to your podcast. They sky is the limit.